Saturday, October 31, 2009

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal shocked by Agassi controversy

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal two of the best tennis players of our generation are shocked by the Agassi controversy.


Federer is shocked about the incident and hopes no such cases happen in the future.

Nadal extremenly unhappy with the cushion provided to Andre while others are punished,here is the quote "To me it seems terrible. Why is he saying this now that he has retired?, It's a way of damaging the sport that makes no sense. I believe our sport is clean and I am the first one that wants that."

He further said "If the ATP covered for Agassi then I think that's dreadful,If they covered for the player and punished others for doing the same kind of thing then that would seem to me to be a lack of respect for all sportsmen"

Boris Becker feels the same his view "I'm struggling to get my head around why Andre would want to confess to something so damaging as taking drugs and then getting away with it"

The thing is if ATP forgot after forgiving his mistake, Agassi should have forgotton too rather than creating a trouble to them by revealing the incident on his book just to increase sales.

People could have still forgiven him had he arranged for a press release and accepted the mistake rather than doing it for the sales of his book.

No comments :

Post a Comment